I’ve been so behind with the dj charts. And now, this is what you get, 25 plus songs. Have some patience and work through the list, the diamonds & pearls are not only at the top.
- Crookers feat. Roisin Murphy – Royal T – Southern Fried
I don’t really know if this is the #1 but it sure is a crazy energy song with super highs and mellow parts. So during the breaks you can come up with an interpretive dance interlude. I was lucky enough to have an early copy and so it was Royal T Nuts for a few months. Still waiting for the Riva Starr Vocal mix to come out, the dub is a bit to dull for me.
- Ray Mang – Bullet Proof feat. Lady Miss Kier – DFA
I’ve written about this before. I don’t get tired of listening and playing it. Classic upbeat vocal house. Something about anti war.
- Jazzanova – Look What You’re Doin’ To Me feat. Phonte (Motor City Drum Ensemble Remix) – Universal
Who knew this song comes out of Germany? Deep and downbeat. Whoever calls the lyrics kitschy doesn’t get it.
- Pirahnahead & Diviniti feat. Eric King – 2getherness (7 Mile Dub) – Whasdat
This one rumbles the floors. With love from Detroit.
- The MuthaFunkaz – Hangin On A String (Miami Mix) – Code Red
Turning the original Loose ends version from 1985 into a stomper.
- Remerc – Baptista – Greelpound
Cologne in the house. I’m always falling for chopped up vocals or weird vocal sounds.
- Missing Linkx – Who To Call – Philpot Records
Pushy piano geklimper house. Feeling the vocal breaks.
- David Keno – Upside Down – Snatch
You know who sang the original. This is a dubby house version. And there even is a silly video for it. First release on Riva Stars’ label.
- The Martinez Brothers – Don’t No Yet EP – Objektivity
The young boys have taken over & have created a monster EP. All three tracks are hits.
- Jessica 6 – Fun Girl (Keinemusik Remix)
This mix is more straightforward then the 13 min disco workout I’ve mentioned before. One for earlier, one for later. Which is which?
- Omar S aka Alex Smith – Sign And Drive / Here With Me feat. Diviniti – FXHE
Ahhh. Another masterpiece. Love the long intro and then Diviniti’s vocals hit you. So good.
- Tracey Thorn – Why Does The Wind Blow (Ewan Pearson Radio Edit) – Strange Feeling
This song is from her upcoming album which should have the full version. “Love And Its Opposite” will probably be more acoustic from what I heard, so I’m happy we get some dancey stuff as well.
- Willie Graff & Tuccillo – Give You Up (Chez Damier’s A Little More Interpretation) – Freerange
The first time I heard this one, I had the loopy filtered synths in my head for the whole day. It’s a 9 minute trippy house journey.
- Jaffa Surfa – Disko Z (Original Mix) – Bosconi Extra Virgin
Nu new disco.
- Ike – Diskadenz – Philpot Records
Rolling piano beats.
- Ian Pooley – What I Got feat. Tim Fuller (Derrick Carter Vocal Remix) – Pooled Music
Derrick Carter’s trademark bouncy beats bring this track to a whole new level.
- Erykah Badu – Window Seat (Dj Aakmael dubb mixx)
Unofficial deep house remix of Erykah’s lead single. An early or very late, warm song to play.
- Argy & The Martinez Brothers – Debbie Downer
So gut mit MJ Sample.
- Tensnake – Coma Cat – Permanent Vacation
Hier laeuten die Glocken. Peg AssIs turned me onto this one and now I have to play it every time she’s thurrr, just to shut her up and get her dancing.
- Henrik Schwarz And Kuniyuki – Once Again (Kuniyuki Version) – Mule Musiq
What was missing from the charts? Jazzy piano. Here we go.
- Roisin Murphy – Momma’s Place (The C90s Remix)
I believe this remix was commissioned by Ms Murphy but somehow it didn’t get released on the single. Such a pity, because it is the best mix.
- Rennie Foster – Savior feat. Aaron-Carl (Club Mix) – Rebirth
Written and sung by AC. Classic.
- Romanthony – Girls Like Girls (Zanzibar Vocal) – Blackmale
The bf is scared his gf is on the dl. “I don’t wanna be the last to know, that my girl likes girls on the downlow.” So deep it hurts.
- DJ PP – 100% Percusion – Soulman Music
It is what it is. As the title suggests.
- Motorcitysoul – Deliver Me (Original Mix) – Simple
Uuuh, there is also an Acoustic Version.
And some disco classics that I love:
– Suzy Q – Get On Up Do It Again
– Golden Flamingo Orchestra ft. Margo Williams – The Guardian Angel Is Watching Over Us
– Plastic Bertrand – Stop Ou Encore (Ron Hardy Re-Edit)
Here are my dj charts that I should have posted half a year (or something) ago. Since my last countdown was posted in April, this is almost like a best of 2009. So late. So sorry. But so good.
More recent charts are just around the corner. I promise.
- Jerome Sydenham – Ecoute (Ecoute!) – UK Promotions
Has some “Sylvester – Dance (Disco Heat)” (Martha Wash and Izora Armstead on vocals) in the mix and turns it into a modern disco house track. Love it.
- The Gossip – Love Long Distance (Riva Starr Remix Vocal) – Sony
The remix on soundcloud is not the complete version, but you get the idea of the cut up vocals. Stomper.
- Derrick Carter – A Hope (Over U) (D’s Meeting House Dub) – Classic
Super house classic from the Mo Pschidt Ep, has the chipmunk Friends (The 1:00 Club) on the flipside. I got into it again last year and have been spinning it quite a bit. Both sides.
- Omar-S – Lift Him Up feat. Don Q and Still Serious Nic – FXHE
Lift Him Up is a raw gospel deep house monster featuring Omar-S’s brother on vocals. Still Serious Nic is seriously rough.
- Lady Gaga – Bad Romance (Hercules & Love Affair Mix) – Interscope
You can’t escape Gaga after this nu disco Hercules remix. Best mix of her songs so far. There is also a dub version if you can’t stand the vocals.
- Pezzner – Shasta (Master King Reprise Mix) – Physical Graffiti
Hysterical peak time track. Deep shet.
- Aaron-Carl – I Refuse (Quentin Harris Remix) – Wall Shaker Music
Love the Prince samples in this one. And combined with AC’s vocals, ahhhh, unbeatable.
- DJ T. – Shine On (Motor City Drum Ensemble Warehouse Dub Mix) – Get Physical
Just one of many great Motor City Drum Ensemble mixes that came out last year. Check out Danielo on soundcloud for the latest on Motor City songs.
- The Phenomenal Handclap Band – You’ll Disappear (Horse Meat Disco Remix) – Gomma
Nu disco, space disco. Not sure what to call it.
- Dennis Ferrer – Sinfonia Della Notte – Strictly Rhythm
- Romanthony – Miami (Mix 1)
New, raw production with a vocal loop “Have you ever been to Miami?”
- Justus Köhncke – Lieder der Nacht feat. Marianne Rosenberg – E’de Cologne
So gay. So good. So German.
- Marc Evans – Tonight’s The Night (Miguel Migs Salted Dub) – Defected
- Michael Gray, Danism & Lisa Millett – Say Yes – Defected
- Jovonn feat. Koffee the Story – Kitty Kat (Original Main Mix) – NextMoov
I always fall for some good pussy talk.
- RÃ³isÃn Murphy – Orally Fixated
This one was all over the interwebs when Roisin finally released it. Still pumping.
- Todd Terry – Play On (Eddie Thoneick Remix) feat. Tara Macdonald – Strictly Rhythm
That’s not all. Here’s some Michael Jackson. I love to play these mixes:
- Michael Jackson – Remember The Time (Silky Soul 12” Mix) – Sony
One of my (if not the) favourite MJ remixes. Steve Silk Hurley turned Remember The Time into a house classic. Sorry, couldn’t find a good link for the 12″ version.
- Michael Jackson – Rock With You (Frankie Knuckles Favourite Club Mix) – Sony
This one is so smooth. A good start into the night. I believe it was first released as the B-Side to “You Are Not Alone” in 1995.
- Argy & The Martinez Brothers – Debbie Downer – Objektivity
This came out before Michael’s death. It has a sample (“don’t you dare”) that definitely sounds like MJ, but I can’t make out the song it’s from. Any ideas?
This doesn’t look so different from last year’s top 25.
It was another Mariah-released-a-new-album year.
Happy New Year!
Apart from the songs below, I love to listen to anything Kid Cudi. Hopefully he is coming out with his debut album soon, although Cudi has recently announced and withdrawn, his retirement. In general, I do think it is a great idea to announce the retirement before the first album hits the streets.
- Danism & Michael Watford – Change (Original Mix) – MN2S
From the WMC Miami Sampler. Great beats with a hint of gospel.
- Marc Evans – The Way U Love Me (Spen’s Deadly Love Potion) – Defected
This is such a good dub mix, with some metal hitting sounds. Has a powerful vocal break near the end.
- Black Science Orchestra – Save Us (MotorCitySoul Remix) – Junior Boys Own
- Jennifer Hudson – Spotlight (Quentin Harris Dark Collage Club Mix) – Arista
I’m a little bit late on this one. It is a gay monster. I start playing this after 1:45 min., it is a little bit too circut before. But I loves me some J-Hud.
- 3rd Face – Canto Della Liberta (D’s New 3rd Face Dub) – Classic Recordings
Very hysterical spanish yelling on this new remix of 90ties house.
- Capracara – King Of The Witches (Rub N Tug Remix) – DFA
More new disco from DFA.
- Cece Peniston – Finally (Aaron-Carl Remix)
And I thought I would never listen or dj that song again. Aaron-Carl proved me wrong. The remix pushes some fresh beats through that rusty old homo anthem.
- Mary J. Blige – Give Me You (Club Path / Boris Dlugosch Mix) – MCA
I found this record at an used record store. It is such a pushy remix.
- Lil Louis – Club Lonely (Ill Mark Remix) – Bulk
Unofficial, new remix of the classic house song.
- Moody – Freeki Mutha F cker – KDJ
Moodymann giving us a solid Prince song.
- Stevie Wonder – Make Sure You’re Sure (Timmy Regisford & Quentin Harris Mix) – Un-restricted Access
The original version of the song is from the Jungle Fever soundtrack.
- Andreas Dorau – Im September (Justus Köhncke Remix) – Mute
Im September. Oktober. November. Dezember. That are all the lyrics in Justus’ disco dubby mix that I missed when the song was first released. Amäzing. Available at iTunes Germany.
- Flora Cruz – Overcome (Phil Hooton’s Mel Cheren and Larry Levan Tribute Vocal) – Mixtape Sessions Music
Just from the name you can see that this is a great old-school sounding disco mix.
- Bear Who – U Step (BHQ Remix) – Dust Traxx
More Derrick Carter bouncy Chicago house.
Here is a screen shot of 2008’s Top 25 songs from my iTunes.
Surprising, isn’t it?
Happy New Year!
Can’t seem to get the charts in order this time.
More or less top ten like. Here we go:
This time the charts have lots of double entries, like artists, labels, remixers.
Enjoy them twice.
- Danny Clark & Jay Benham feat. Susu Bobien – Wondrous (Muthafunkaz Remix) – Strictly Rhythm
You know I like a gospel number on top. Streaming on Strictly’s myspace.
- Bernard Badie – Time Reveals (Club Use Only) – Mojuba
This is a re-release from 1994.
- Hercules & Love Affair – You Belong (D’s New Rhythm Bounce) – DFA
Bouncy & funky. It’s a stone winner.
- Aaron-Carl – Oasis (Nick Holder Vocal Dub) – Superb
- Fantasia – Not The Way I Do (Jovonn Remix) – Promo
- Bernard Badie feat. Dajae – Truth Hurts (Club Mix) – Smooth Agent
The upcoming Aaron-Carl remix is streaming on his myspace.
- The Sunburst Band – Rough Times (Joey Negro Club Mix) – Z Records
- The Sunburst Band – Journey To The Sun (Dennis Ferrer Remix) – Z Records
- Home & Garden feat. Chez Damier – In And Out (JT Donaldson Dub) – Om
- Groove Armada feat. Angie Stone – Feel The Same (Muthafunkaz Love Remix) – Strictly Rhythm
- Ricky L – Your House (*****L Remix) – Ibadan
Basically an Alanis Morissette remix. Heard it first when ND play it at Die Boot.
- Watussi – If All We Had Was Love – Sticky Disc
- Babytalk – Chance (Hercules & Love Affair Remix) – Sticky Disc
- Mariah Carey feat. LL Cool J – I’ll Be Lovin’ U Long Time (Remix) – Island
I put this one at the end but it is another category. My favourite remix off E=MCÂ².
Let me start the seasonal chart blog with a list of second-hand vinyl I bought recently, 90ties house at its best:
D-Influence – No Illusions (MK’s Dumb Dub) – EastWest Records
Janet Jackson – Go Deep (Masters At Work Vocal Deep Disco Dub) – Virgin
Jeanne Harris – Just Another Man (Squeeze & Tease Me Mix) – Studio Records
Ceybil – Love So Special (Extended Original Underground Mix) – Atlantic
I had never heard the Mark Kinchen remix of No Illusions. I immediately fell in love with the vocals, the beats, shouts & groans. And so can you.
- K. Hand – Feel Free – Acacia
Kelli Hand released 5 Cd’s of her remixes, often based on short vocal samples of deep house classics. Hysterical. Feel Free is my favourite track. I Can’t Take You Leaving Me, Reaction, I’ll Never Let You Down and Just Want You Back are also great. And many more. Viola introduced me to Kelli a while back: Do You Love Me starts with a fairground announcer shouting: “Jetzt bring’ ma wieder Schwung in die Kiste. Hey, ab geht die Post. Let’s Go. Let’s Fetz. Volle Pulle. Volle Power. Super.”
- Flora Cruz – Overcome EP – Mixtape Sessions Music
- Terence Parker – I’m Happy (Ron Carroll’s BMC Get Down Vocal Mix) feat. Bishop Edmound Griffin Sr – Superb
First burner from Superb.
- The Anointed Pace Sisters – High Praise (Spen & Thommy Davis Dub Mix) – Superb
Up. Lift Him up. Up. Up. I could live without the “hands together” chants but anyway. Lift Him up.
- Mary J. Blige – Just Fine (Jovonn Remix) – Promo
Heard it first on Aaron-Carl’s weekly radio show. So Hot.
- Chaz Jankel – Get Myself Together (Hercules & Love Affair House Mix) – Tirk
- Roisin Murphy – You Know Me Better (Nightmoves Remix) – EMI
Listen to the soon to be released mix on Roisin’s remix myspace.
- Chic – I Want Your Love (Todd Terje Edit)
- Hercules & Love Affair – Blind (Hercules Club Mix & Frankie Knuckles Remix) – DFA
I’m ready for the next single already, which hopefully has a Marc Kinchen mix.
- Kalup Linzy – Asshole (Dance Remix)
- Colette – About Us (Derrick Carter’s B.H.Q. Vocal) – Om
Has a touch of Kylie.
- Guy Robin Feat. Anthony Moriah – Bless You Brother (Underground Mix) – Hustle Music
- Mark Grant – Guessing Again (Yass Remix) feat. Russoul – Suburban
- Inner City – Pennies From Heaven (Slow To Speak Mix) – Virgin
This is basically an edit of two previously available mixes: Deep Reese Mix & Kevin’s Tunnel Mix.
- Jesus Jackson – Damn (Jacob London Remix) – Physical Graffiti
Funky Prince sounds on the Strictly Rhythm spin-off.
The Overpowered album by Roisin Murphy was finally released this week. A special limited edition double coloured LP is going to follow in November. It’s the pop-dance-electro-disco (whatever you want to call it) album for fall. My favourite song seems to change every other day, right now it is Body Language, which you can not listen to here but here.
- Aaron-Carl and DJ E. Dubb – The Door (Original Mix) – Wallshaker
There is nothing better than an angry Aaron-Carl song.
“I don’t want you no more. Pack your shit. Here’s the door.”
- Jill Scott – Hate On Me (Shelter Vocal) – Restricted Access
Remixed by Quentin Harris. I’m always in on hater lyrics.
- Chuck Love – Beatdown (Jimpster Mix) – OM
If you can’t get enough of the forward pushing Jimpster sound, I suggest his remix of 400 Years by Bob Marley and the Wailers. Trippin’.
- Kanye West feat. Dwele – Flashing Lights – Roc-A-Fella
I still love the synth stabs on this one so much. It is the next single off Graduation. Is this the first time paparazzi is rhymed with Nazi?
“Till I get flashed by the paparazzi
Damn, these nigga’s got me,
I hate these nigga’s more than the Nazis”
- Moodymann – I’d Rather Be Lonely – KDJ
- Grand High Priest – Long Time Coming (GHP Vocal) – Re-House
Remix of A Change Is Gonna Come by Sam Cooke.
- Veronique – Use Me (Sunday Morning Dub, Afterhours Mix) – Wallshaker
Another stompin’ AC production. The dub is quite peak hour, for later or earlier, there is the Afterhours Mix.
- Marlon D – Jesus Creates Sound (Main Mix) – Strictly Rhythm
Don’t you love the cheesy “This is a journey into sound” sample, the hi-hats and cymbal clashes?
- Yass – He Reigns (Main) – Purple Music
Gospel in da house.
- Marvin Gaye – Music (Karizma Remix) – Rotgut Records
This looks more like a link dump than charts. Please bare with me.
- The Brand New Heavies – Let’s Do It Again (Kenny Dope O-Gutta Remix) – Dope Wax
After the remixes for “I Don’t Know Why (I Love You)“, here’s another stomper.
- Grand High Priest – Mixdown – Strictly Rhythm
One of the first new releases on the relaunched Strictly Rhythm label. This instrumental track is a thunderstorm of hand claps and cowbells. Another highlight on the sampler is Quentin Harris feat. Cordell McClary – U Don’t Know. Both songs are now available on separate records, too.
- Marcus Mixx – Without Makeup (Ron Hardy Mix) – Let’s Pet Puppies
More Chicago house. Just recently found this record of previously unreleased Ron Hardy mixes. The label caught my attention: Chicago without Makeup. Dark handclaps.
- Feist – My Moon My Man (Boys Noize Classic Remix) – EMI
- Roisin Murphy – Overpowered (Seamus Haji Remix) – EMI
- Simian Mobile Disco – I Believe (Prins Thomas Diskomiks) – Wichita
- CSS – Let’s Make Love and Listen To Death From Above (Hot Chip Remix) – WEA
Very dramatic Hot Chip mix that turns around half way through.
- Tracey Thorn – Raise the Roof (Cagedbaby Remix) – EMI
- Osunlade – Queen’s Battle – Strictly Rhythm
From the Osunlade album. “Get that shit off my face.”
- Justin Timberlake – Love Stoned (Justice Remix) – Jive
I heard Final Fantasy did the strings on that one. No? Anyway, can’t wait for a live version by Owen.
- 2raumwohnung – Ja (Just Us Remix) – It Sounds
The lyrics make me cringe but the La Koehncke mix makes it all good.
- Chin Chin – Appetite (Chicken Lips Extended Vocal Mix) – Dialect Recordings
- Snax – Honeymoon’s Over (Konrad Black Remix) – Fine Music
Maybe I even like the original version better, not sure.
- DJ Camacho – Me (Original Demo Mix By D Camacho) feat. Janae Jordan – 157 Shelter Records
“I’d like a man not a boy who thinks he can understand what it is to be with a woman like me.”
- Prince – Future Baby Mama – Columbia
I like that Future Baby Mama. I bet you want to listen to the full song after you listened to that clip. Please.
New season – new charts.
Let me start with my favourite album for spring:
Kathy Diamond – Miss Diamond to You – Permanent Vacation
I first heard about Kathy Diamond through Rich. I thought: Finally, this is a Maurice Fulton production I can enjoy. Too bad that her myspace has one song only. You can preview all songs at juno. For more on Kathy, read this Village Voice review.
- Simbad – Supersonic Revelation (Marathon Men Remix) / Soul Fever (Karizma’s K2 Stomp Mix) – Raw Fusion Records (check their jukebox)
Double A side 12 inch deep house. Can’t decide which one is better.
- Aaron-Carl – Sky (Osunlade Yoruba Soul Vocal Mix) – Superb
Over the last year there have been a couple of remixes of this song. The recently released Osunlade mix is by far the best and deepest.
- DJ Spen & The MuthaFunkaz feat. Ann Nesby – It’s So Easy (MuthaFunkaz 12″ Vocal) – Code Red Recordings
The former lead vocalist of the Sounds of Blackness belts it out on this one. The ‘4 The Love Mix’ is kind of a new turn on ‘4 The Love of House’ with spoken lyrics by DJ Spen.
- Beck – Cellphone’s Dead (Villalobos Entlebuch Rmx) – Interscope
I’ve mumbled about this one before.
- Hercules and Love Affair – Athene – DFA
Soon to be released hit on DFA.
- Justus Köhncke – Elan (Prins Thomas Versjon) – Kompakt
Wonderful new version of the 2005 release featuring a live string section.
- Ruede Hagelstein – Yes, We’re Late – Freundinnen
Includes the cut up Benjamin remix of Sweaty Balls.
- Jay-J feat. Charlene Moore – With Him (Ron Carroll’s BMC Black Gospel Feel Edit) – Defected
Achtung: This is gospel house (who would have guessed).
- Hardsoul – My Life (Ron Carroll’s BMC 90’s Vocal Classical Mix) feat. Ron Carroll – Hardsoul
- Dajae & Bernard Badie – Tonight (Main Mix) – Tony Records
The song is available for listening on Dajae’s myspace since last year, it got a short promotional release on traxsource earlier this year and I hope it’s available on vinyl soon.
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony – Lil L.O.V.E. feat. Mariah Carey – Interscope
While we wait for the new Mariah album we can enjoy this slow banger. I always love her collaborations with Bone Thugs, after Breakdown and the remix of Don’t Forget About Us, this is the third one.
- Nelly Furtado – Say It Right (Dummies Remix) – Geffen
When people ask me if I really like Nelly, I tell them: I’m not living in Toronto’s Portuguese neighborhood for nothing, right? The house-with-a-bit-of-electro mix is easy to find. Google it. Please.
- Junior Boys – In The Morning (Hot Chip Remix) – Domino
- DJ Le Roi feat. Roland Clark – I Get Deep (Original Mix) – Deeptown Music
Last but not least, here are a few old school classics I recently bought at Easy Street Records:
Storm – Love…Sexy (Blaze Vocal)
Truce – It’s Alright (Cassmaster Mix & Cassio’s Fever Mix)
Here are my winter charts, but really, I am only listening to Tracey Thorn’s new album, Out Of The Woods (thanks bb). When I heard the opening song, I was quite shocked, thinking I was listening to Sinead O’Connor. That changed with the second song, A-Z, which is one of my favourites.
Although, she uses a lot of phrases (some of them (may be) worn out), it works for me.
You’ve been balanced on a knife
Will the city save your life
You’ve been waiting for so long
Just for somewhere to feel like home
Two more songs need to be singles: Grand Canyon and Raise The Roof. And there is a nice cover version of Arthur Russell’s Get Around To It.
Panda’s been balanced on a knife
I have included links to listen to the songs (#), a lot of them on myspace. Do not judge.
- Dennis Ferrer – The World As I See It – Defected – (#)
This is my favourite deep house album at the moment. Church Lady is the lead single for me. There are a couple of remixes that got released recently but the original is still the best.
- Deichkind – Remmi Demmi (Egoexpress Remix D) – Universal – (#)
I totally missed this one when it was released in Spring of 2006. It just didn’t make it to Canada. 70ties German Bürgerlichkeit mit Katja E. und Sauna und so. The cover looks a bit like an old Bernhard Willhelm collection. Video.
- Arnold Jarvis – If I Stay (Jus’ Dope Remix) – Kif – (#)
- Vernessa Mitchell – Higher (Silk’s Original Mix) – Silk
Viola recommended this one after she found it on a disc that Pirahnahead gave her. Extremely uplifting.
- Mr. White – You Rock Me / The Sun Can’t Compare – Alleviated Records – (#)
This one appears on so many DJ lists it is unbelievable. Double A side.
- Justus Köhncke – Overhead – Kompakt – (#)
- Gary Bardouille – Starting Over (Aaron’s Stripped Down Church Edit) – Soul Heaven – (#)
He seems to have a very fresh myspace profile with more gospel house songs.
- SUMO – Lovebeat (Karizma’s K2 Darq Dub) ft. Clarisse Muvemba – Heya Hifi – (#)
- Anane – Walking On Thin Ice (Masters At Work Dub) – Vega – (#)
- Kompis – In Somebody’s Spot (Ralph Myerz Space Shuttle Shuffle Mix) – Sunday Best – (#)
- Alexkid ft. Liset Alea – Nightshade (Rodriguez Junior Mix) – F Communications – (#)
- Ianeq – The Focaccia Pretext – Mental Groove – (#)
Das geht so ab. funky.
- Jesse Rose – You’re All Over My Head / Evening Standard – Dubsided – (#)
Sabs said You’re All Over My Head has the sound of a lesbian disco in Paris.
It seems I am more comfortable with posting my DJ charts every season/quarter instead of every month. What do you think?
Sometimes I have a small crisis, thinking that there are not enough NEW deep house or house records. But then, it is just me and it looks like I haven’t done my homework. No time to worry, listen to the top 3 on the chart and everything is alright.
Also, the next Hotnuts party is this Saturday, I’ll post the details later.
Please go to Movin’ Records myspace and listen to She’s Crazy. She’s Gaga.
- Mo.Ca feat. Michelle Weeks – Nobody (Scream Club Mix) – Coffee Killer
This has to be the most hysterical house song in a very long time. Michelle Weeks is the best, she belts it out like no other: I ain’t got nobody! The structure of the song is a bit similar to Be Thankful. Found the record through Tony Humphries charts. Listen to a sample.
- Roland Clark – Sunshine (Ron Trent Vocal Mix) – Need 2 Soul
Roland Clark – God Is Good (DJ Spen Main Mix) – Soul Heaven
Roland Clark double trouble. Sunshine has such an incredibly deep house sound. Listen to this gem at the Need 2 Soul myspace site. Further into the song Roland’s falsetto changes to his deeper voice. So good. Und diese tollen Flächen.
If you want to go to church, listen to God Is Good (DJ Spen Main Mix). Another hit.
- Byron Stingily – Hate Won’t Change Me (Shelter Vocal) – Un-Restricted Access
Again, wonderful vocals. I’m kind of out of words after #1 and 2.
- Kamar – I Need You (50% Dub) – Madhouse Records
This is a song from 1994 which I found at a second hand record store a few weeks ago. The original is produced by Kerri Chandler and this remix takes it over the top. Very hysterical intro.
- Arthur Russell – Springfield (DFA Remix) – Audika
I can sit on metal steps.
- Grampa – She’s Crazy (Yahya Insane Mix) – Movin’ Records
She’s gaga. She’s crazy. Vocals by Kerri Chandler’s dad on my favourite old school house label. I like to pitch it up when I play it. Faster. Maybe I want this as my theme song.
- Cassy – Night To Remember (from the My Auntie EP) – Perlon
Is this minimal already? Dunno. Lovin’ the somehow detached vocals.
(via chantilly bass)
- Badly Drawn Boy – Nothing’s Gonna Change Your Mind (Hot Chip Mix) – EMI
For those melancholic autumn hours. Listen.
Justus Köhncke feat. Eric D. Clark – An Ounce Of Memories (Vocal Version) – Firm
Listen at firm records’ or Justus Köhncke’s myspace page. Dreamy. Charmy.
Kerri Chandler & Monique Bingham – In The Morning (Lost Love Dub) – Bigga Sounds
The Final Raw Mix on the A side is a bit softer and features vocals by Monique. Love the dub.
- Aaron-Carl – Sky (AC’s Resurrection Mix) – Wallshaker
Still waiting for the vinyl. Get the mp3 at Aaron’s Wallshaker label.
Pelle Boi – Robert Schmidt am Telefon (from the I’m A Popperschwein EP) – Kritik
Robert Smith on The Phone. For that Cure flavour. Very Lullaby off of Disintegration. Anzuhören bei LaManie.
- Brooks – Pre – Mantis
- Kate Bush – King Of The Mountain (Radioslave Mix) – One-sided 12″
The wind is whistling through the house.
- Pink Skull – Unicorn Harpoon – Tonearm
Sounds like alien voices to me. I’ll always adore that.
I have to take a short break from the What produzentin eats theme week as I go on a holiday for a couple of days. I probably will have some very relaxing pictures later this week.
But first, here are my summer charts and another Larry Levan remix for your mp3 collection. I downloaded a mix of Winners by Manfriday in June. After a few listens I really wanted to have the vinyl of the song, so I orderd a copy on ebay. It turns out, the version on the official release is totally different, sounding more like a cheap 80ties dance track. Soon I found out, that this Larry Levan demo mix is only available on a bootleg 12 inch and on a japanese compilation CD. I still have to track down either of them. Anyway, enjoy.
They don’t seem to love you more
When you’re winning
They don’t seem to love you
Nobody really wants you
When your loosing
They don’t really love you
Winners – loosers
What’s the good side of you
Oh, the World Cup has arrived at my crib. Superschum and H. are staying over for a few nights and they brought this adorable Nutella ball. I love it so much, guess my diet has to wait. Schum and H. made me watch my first World Cup game from start to finish, Germany vs. Argentina. I’m in love with Odo now (this was easy, right?). Make sure to read his A-Z.
- Fox N’ Wolf – Claws Against Knives (Todd Terje Remix) – Kitsune
This is my summer hit. Squeaky vocals and bubbling beats. I wanted to post the song but I am afraid the lovely guys from Kitsune might sue my little ass. It’s on the Kitsune Maison 2 compilation. Here samples of the song here and here. Wow.
- Jamie Lidell – When I Come Back Around (Freeform Reform) – Warp
This is from his Multiply Additions remix album. After all the Jamie – Prince comparisons he finally gets a Prince beat in the mix: Raspberry Beret provides a perfect backdrop for the song.
- Man Friday – Winners (Larry Levan Demo Mix)
- Kirk Franklin – Looking For You – Gospocentric
I heard it first on the radio but didn’t know who it was. I wanted to have this song so badly as it re-sings the hook from Patrice Rushen’s disco classic Haven’t You Heard. Then I found it at fourfour.
- Jimpster feat. Diamondancer – A Love Like This – Freerange
This sounds like part 2 of Delano Smith feat. Diamondancer – A Message For The DJ (Jimpsters Red Light Remix). Diamondancer sings/reads her lyrics above the forward grooving Jimpster beats. Listen.
- Peaches – Downtown – XL Recordings
I haven’t figuered out which Prince beat she is sampling. Sounds a bit like Vanity 6 or Apollonia 6.
- Lisa Shaw – Let It Ride (Speakeasy Remix) – Naked Music
- Snax And Ianeq – Fill Me Up (M.A.N.D.Y. Edit) – Get Physical
- Christian Rottler – Feuer – Freundinnen
The song finally sees the light of day, I had the promo version for a while now and I still like the original singer-songwriter version best. The remixes are more in the electro vein. Listen to more Christian Rottler songs on his homepage.
- Only Freak feat. Rasiyah – Can’t Get Away (From Your Love) (Solid Groove Remix) – Freerange
I hope it feels like a hyperhyperscooterupdate to you. The charts have 15 songs this month, a mp3 and I put pictures of our last Acid Records party online.
- Prince – Love – Universal
Prince had his first number one debut on the billboard charts with 3121 and hence he has to be #1 on my charts, too. This is my favourite song from the album.
- Colonel Abrams – Love on a Cutting Edge (Dance Vocal Mix) – Nardi
Entrancing house record I discovered in New York.
- Cajmere feat. Dajae – Say U Will (Original Mix) – Cajual #292
The Green Velvet Vocal Mix (from Cajual #293) is rockier, I can’t decide which one I like best.
- Kanye West feat. Twista & Keyshia Cole – Impossible
New Kanye for Misson Impossible 3.
- The National Trust – Kings and Queens – Thrill Jockey Records
Malo pointed me to this fantastic record. I always fall for a little bit of that funky Prince sound. Love the cover and the title.
- Jamie Lewis – It’s Over feat. Michael Watford (Main Mix) – Purple Music
Classic Michael Watford vocals & lyrics. Buy it at Purple Switzerland.
- Cheri – Murphy’s Law – Venture Records
Piranhahead pressed this 12″ into my hands when we went to a used record store in Detroit. I hadn’t heard the 1982 hit. I instantly fell for the great opening lines: “I hate to tell you, but I got a bit of bad news – I don’t love you no more” and the speed up background vocals.
- Tiga – The sultry songs from Sexor: Sir Sir Sir, (Far From) Home – PIAS
I didn’t like the album when I listened to it a few weeks ago but now I’m into the sultry songs.
- The Todd Terry Project – Weekend – various labels
Cover of the Leroy Burgess classic. Fantastic & hysterical mid-90ties Todd Terry beats.
- Journey Into Paradise: The Larry Levan Story – Rhino
A new Larry Levan compilation with songs he spun and remixes he did.
- Geiger – Talk To Me (from the Day 12″) – Firm
- Goldfrapp – Ride a White Horse (Ewan Pearson Disco Odyssey Parts 1 & 2) – Mute
15 min. of electro disco fun of which I like the first 6 min. best, guess this is Part I.
- Jens Friebe – Lawinenhund (Egoexpress Remix B Goddamned Bunker Edit) – EMI
Very techno for my taste, but anyway, it’s Jens Friebe. Most of the lyrics are stripped except for “Du warst begraben, in diesem gottverdammten Laden”. Handclaps.
- Coldcut feat. Robert Owens – Walk A Mile In My Shoes – Ninja Tune
- P!NK – Who Knew – LaFace
This is the obvious choice for the next single off the new P!NK album. Very catchy. Just checked her site and she is shooting a video for the song! Wow, can’t wait.
Buy Cheri, although I like the original album artwork to the left better.
- Kerri Chandler – Halleluhjah (Kaoz Club Mix) – King Street
Found this mid 90ties classic at a used record store. I was instantly blown away by the beats and lyrics.
- Jam & Spoon feat. Plavka – Right In The Night (MK Mix) – Epic
More 90ties stuff. Back then, I collected MK, but wasn’t aware of the Jam & Spoon remix. The song is a guilty pleasure for me, as I was always afraid to admit my love. The remix is classic Marc Kinchen, who is a cutie too. You may know his worldwide hit by the Nightcrawlers – Push The Feeling On (listen at radio.club.blog). Hope he comes back to house music.
- Hot Chip – Over And Over (Justus Köhncke”™s Baking Horse Club Mix) – EMI UK
Now that the mix has finally been released (with a different name, though) I had to put it on my charts a second time. It is so good. The Hot Chip tour will be hitting Toronto on March 15th.
- Kerri Chandler – So Let the Wind Come (Remix) – Nitegrooves (no. 246)
A new Kerri record with a straight beat. Good for learning how to beat mix if you ask me.
- Fonda Rae – Over Like a Fat Rat – Vanguard Records
You know I love this one.
- Flat Pack – Sweet Child Of Mine (Mylo Club Mix) – Breastfed Recordings
Wonderful electro cover of Guns’n’Roses.
- Tiga – Good As Gold (Morgan Geist Monophonic Mix) – PIAS
- Rihanna – S.O.S. (Rescue Me) – DefJam
Sounds like a mash-up. This is going to be a hit. For sure. Not only because of the Tainted Love sample. Stream available at her website.
- Felix (Arthur Russell & Nicky Siano) – Tigerstripes – Sleeping Bag Records
- Prince – Black Sweat – Universal/NPG
- Romanthony – Falling From Grace (Murk Main Mix) – Azuli
Even more 90ties. I love Romanthony and the Murk boys. Again, didn’t get the remix back then, here it is available as a mp3 download. The original version is fabulous too. The whole Azuli backcatalog seems to be up for download at juno, btw.
Jam & Spoon – Right In The Night (MK Mix)
Buy: CA / DE
Right in the night you’ll find
That if you wanna fall in love, you fall in love
The winter charts are heavily influenced by the parties that Viola, Georg and I organized in Cologne and Frankfurt. Piranhahead worked a lot of these wonderful records. As he would say: You can’t sleep on this.
- Cajmere feat. Dajae – Brighter Days (Underground Goodies Mix) – Cajual Records
This is one of my all time favourite house classics from 1992. I forgot about it until Pirahnahead played it in Frankfurt. I went crazy for the cut up vocals.
- Jamie Lewis presents Michelle Weeks – Be Thankful – Purple Music
Uplifting. This was one of Georg’s favourite records of the evening. Be thankful. Buy it online.
- Mary J. Blige – The Breakthrough – Universal
I’ve written about the album before. It’s on heavy rotation. Mary at her best.
- Sounds of Blackness – The Pressure (Classic 12″ Mix With Vocal Intro) – Perspective Records
Released in 1991 with lead vocals by Ann Nesby this is a classic gospel house record remixed by Frankie Knuckles. The intro is fantastic.
- Jill Scott – Not Like Crazy (K-Dope Woo Dubba Mix) – Dopewax
One of Viola’s favourite records of the Pirahnahead set. Unresistable beats and seducing vocals.
- Hot Chip – Just Like We (Breakdown) (DFA Remix) – EMI
No matter what they put out, I like it. Also fantastic: My Shit’s On Fire, from their recent Barbarian EP.
- Karizma Ft. DJ Spen – For the Love (of House) (Vocal Mix) – Code Red
- Ann Nesby – Shelter (Vocal Mix) – God’s House Records
Ann Nesby overload.
- Kanye West – Addiction (Terry Hunter & Kenny Dope Remix) – Dopewax
Kanye goes house.
- Kenny Bobien feat. Ann Nesby – Spread Love (Shelter Mix) – Soul Groove Records
Find a way to show somebody that you care.
Update. Platz 3 vergessen. Schrecklich.
- Aaron-Carl – Detrevolution – Wallshaker
Nur noch drei Wochen bis Aaron-Carl in Köln und Frankfurt auflegt! Das Album ist sowas von hey wow.
- Kate Bush – Sexual Healing – EMI
Das hätte die erste Single vom neuen Album sein sollen. Nach 12 Jahren zurück mit dieser Cover Version. Leider nur die B-Seite zu King Of The Mountain. Sie singt es “sex-sual”. Sehr lustig. Und der Anfang: I’m hot just like an oven. Tolle Vorstellung. So gut wie ihre Interpretation von Candle In The Wind.
- Bernadette La Hengst – La Beat – Trikont
Besonders: Copy Me (I Want To Travel), Rockerbraut & Mutter, Wer Hat Das Glück versteckt?, Zug Ohne Bremse, Krachgarten, Hunger, La Beat Goes On
- Kimara Lovelace – Misery (Lil’ Louis Extended Club Mix) – King Street
Danke, Viola. Ein Hammer Remix, der ursprünglich in 2000 veröffentlicht wurde und vor kurzem ein Re-Release bekam. Sowieso bin ich Lil’ Louis Fan und würde gerne wissen, warum er so selten Remixe oder ein neues, eigenes Album rausbringt?
- Fiona Apple – Extraordinary Machine – Sony
- Safety Scissors – Sunlight’s On The Other Side – Scape Music
Mein absoluter Lieblingshit von dem Tainted Lunch Album. Ganz tolles Cover!
- Sugardaddy – Love Honey – Tirk
Ist ein Remix von dem Paradise Garage Hit: Man Friday – Love Honey, Love Heartache, wovon es einen super Larry Levan Mix gibt.
- Sebastien Tellier – La Ritournelle (Sven Love & Catalan FC Remix) – Record Makers
Auch im Original wunderschöne Streicher.
- Quizz feat. Emilie Chick – Bag U Should (Charles Webster’s Remixes) – Art Brut
- The Mighty Quark feat. Jesper Dahlbäck – Disco Blood – Ork Recordings
- Annie – Always Too Late (Joakim Vocal Mix) – 679 Recordings
Im herrlichen, orangen Vinyl.
- Chelonis R. Jones – Dislocated Genius (Album) & Le Bateau Ivre (Remixes) – Get Physical
Chelonis finde ich seit der ersten Single One & One aus 2002 super. Danach kam das wunderbare I Don’t Know, ein zweiter Hit. Beide sind auf dem Album, daneben gibt es 10 neue Songs. Von diesen finde ich Vultures und die Mythologies Triologie sehr sehr gut. Eins der besten elektronischen Alben von 2005. Sehr deep, Texte und Musik. Auf der neuen Single, Le Bateau Ivre, gibt es einen Fairy Remix (aka Tiga und Jesper Dahlbäck). Das Album wird Mitte September veröffentlicht.
- Jens Friebe – Gespenster (Daso Remix) / Nachher Bilder EP – Kompakt
Wer sollte dieser Jens Friebe nun sein, fragte ich mich im Plattenladen. Ich konnte mich dunkel daran erinnern, dass ich den Namen schon bei Freunden gehört hatte. Kurz darauf kam die Bestätigung per sms: Lieblingsalbum letztes Jahr, Remixe noch nicht gefunden, Kerstin Grether hat während Jens Konzert alle Texte mitgesungen. OK, gekauft, schliesslich bin ich so auch zur P!NK Fanin geworden. Auf der EP gibt es noch einen Rick Astley haften Mix von Gespenster. Prima.
- Painted Nails – Silk Cherries – Prize Records
Hot new label from Toronto. This is their 3rd release. Ich bin nicht so ein Instrumental Fan, aber dieses Stück ist so uplifting! Wow!
- Gorillaz – Dare (DFA Remix) – EMI
- Kerri Chandler – Bar A Thym – NiteGrooves
Im Plattenladen verschmäht, dann via malorama dafür begeistert. Disco power!
- Andre Kraml feat. Schad Privat – Dirty Fingernails – Firm
- Cassidy – I’m A Hustla (Remix) feat. Mary J. Blige – J Records
- Kanye West feat. Jamie Foxx – Gold Digger – Universal
- Mixed With Love – The Walter Gibbons Salsoul Anthology – Suss’d/Salsoul UK
- Röyksopp feat. Chelonis R. Jones – 49% – EMI
Jens Friebe nennt sie Gespenster. Chelonis R. Jones nennt sie Vultures.
Du fällst und es fällt ein Lichtstrahl
Auf die Trümmer deiner Gier
In den verlassenen Festsaal
Nur weg von hier
Und du schliesst das Fenster
Und du vergisst deine Gespenster
Vultures flying overhead
Damn these vultures
Should have listened when they’ve said
My worst nightmare came true
They terrorize my comfort zone
They never leave my ass alone
After I’ve read Loves Saves The Day I started buying music that was mentioned in the book or was remixed by Larry Levan. As Gwen Guthrie was introduced as “the first lady of Paradise Garage” at the club”™s closing party, she is on top of my list this month. Larry Levan did alot of her remixes. I bought Padlock as a re-issue vinyl album, where the first LP has the original versions produced by Sly Dunbar and Robbie Shakespeare and the second LP has the remixes by Larry Levan. You just need these two records to DJ. Switch between them all night long. This will make everyone happy. The original versions are very funky and crisp, the remixes ar a little bit more disco. Fantastic. And I like Gwen’s lyrics, as she can’t decide what she wants:
Don’t teach me, I’m electric, And If you touch me, I’ll shock you (Hopscotch)
Come On, Spread Yourself, All Over Me, Like Peanut Butter (Peanut Butter)
It is a shame that her first two albums are not available on CD. I will try to get the vinyl…
On a related note, Identify NYC Clubs has pictures and information on 22 NYC clubs.
- Gwen Guthrie – Padlock – Original on Larry Levan’s Garage label
- Sparkle – Handsome Man (Remix) – from the double CD Larry Levan – The Definitive Salsoul Mixes ’78 – ’83
I love the lyrics of the song, very gay! And it does sound a little bit like Homer Simpson is singing (in a very good way). Other great tracks on the compilation are: Bunny Sigler – By The Way You Dance and Logg – I Know You Will.
- Kids In The Streets Ft. Chez Damier – Keep On Turning (Motorcitysoul Original Dub) – Stir15
This is such a Chez Damier classic! Wow!
- Voices – Bring Down The Walls – Nu Groove 107
- House Of Peace – Such A Feeling – Nu Groove 106
- Louie Vega – V Gets Jazzy (Dance Ritual Mix) feat. Mr. V – Vega Records
- M.I.A. – Bucky Down Gun, Sunshowers, Pull Up The People – XL Recordings
Every time I’ve been to Nancy’s place in recent months, she played Arular for me. So finally, these are my favourite tracks from the CD.
- Glashaus – Haltet die Welt an – 3P
I always fall for Glashaus. Very hängengeblieben.
- Sebastien Tellier – La Ritournelle – EMI France
- Tiefschwarz – Damage (featuring Tracey Thorn) – Fine Records
Durch die Mariahwochen waren die Charts im März fest in der Hand von Mimi. Daher gibt es diesmal mehr Hits. Meine Lieblingstexte stammen diesen Monat von Billie Ray Martin, Bright Lights Fading:
Gimme, gimme, gimme one more chance
I spent my royalties on callboys
und Aaron-Carl, Just Like:
If you close you eyes
It’s just like pussy
- La Manie – Manie 23 EP – Kritik
- Sparque – Let’s Go Dancin’ (Larry Levan 12" Mix) – West End Records
- Aaron-Carl – Just Like – Wallshaker
I just love that Vanity 6 beat. Also, very Britney. Wow.
- Slam feat. Billie Ray Martin – Bright Lights Fading (Alex Smoke Remix) – Soma
- Out Hud – Let Us Never Speak Of It Again – K7
Album, especially It’s For You & How Long & One Life to Leave
- Kylie – Giving You Up (Riton Re-Rub Vox) – Parlophone
- Meloboy – Hot Love – Novamute
- New Order – Krafty (Phones Reality Remix) – London/Warner
- E-GUM – Stop 2 (Dexter Remix) – Klein Records
- Manmade Science – Turn Down The Lights – Philpot
- Captain Comatose – To My Song & Up In Flames – Playhouse
- Rude 66 – Overkill – Viewlexx
- Everything But The Girl – Adapt Or Die (Ten Years Of Remixes) – Virgin
Tracks 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 11
- Martha Wash – You Lift Me Up – Purple Rose
Yes, I’m very much into Gospel House!
- Stevie Wonder – So What The Fuss – Motown
- Nightshift – How Ever – Decemberism
- Schad Privat – Schad Privat – Firm
- Tracks And The City feat. Cassy – I’ll Be There – Dessous Recording
The Mariahweeks continue with my Mariah charts! Regular charts continue next month.
Favourite Club Tracks by Mariah
- My All/Stay Awhile (So So Def Remix) – Butterfly
- If We – Glitter
- Get Your Number – The Emancipation Of Mimi
- Heartbreaker & Did I Do That? – Rainbow
- Fantasy & Long Ago – Daydream
- Sweetheart & I Still Believe (Stevie J. Clean Remix Feat. Mocha & Amil) – #1’s
Best Ballads by Mariah
- We Belong Together – The Emancipation Of Mimi
- Petals – Rainbow
- Lead The Way & Reflections (Care Enough) – Glitter
- Fourth Of July & The Roof – Butterfly
- I Don’t Wanna Cry – Mariah Carey
- Underneath The Stars – Daydream
Song & Video Which Turned Me Into A Mariah Fan
- Dreamlover – Music Box (and the Def Club Mix of the same)
Best Prince Cover By Mariah
- The Beautiful Ones – Butterfly
Favourite Mariah Track About Eminem
- Clown – Charmbracelet
Includes the fabulous lines:
You don’t want the world to know
That you’re just a puppet show
And the little boy inside
Often sits at home alone
And cries, cries, cries, cries
Nobody cares when the tears of a clown
Die Charts für Februar. Roísín Murphy endlich solo! Hey wow!
Die Cover der Sequins Maxis sind auch sehr toll.
- Roísín Murphy – Sow Into You (Sequins #2 EP) – Echo
- Basement Jaxx – Oh My Gosh
- Chris Rottler – Feuer – Freundinnen Promo
- Charles Webster – I’m Falling (Paris Bordeaux RMX) by Pepe Bradock pour Altavisme – Peacefrog
- Roísín Murphy – Through Time (Sequins #1 EP) – Echo
- Georg Levin – You Know What You Want But You Won’t Get It (2004 Version) – Heaven EP – Sonar Kollektiv
- Marlow feat. Delhia – Quiet (Losoul Remix) – Moon Harbour
- Casper Codina – Tell Me (Jonny Rock Remix) – Non Stop
- Motor City Music – I’ll Be There (Moodyman Mix 2) (Sade Remixes)
- RZA – Ghost Dog / The Way Of The Samurai – Soundtrack Japan Import (Instrumentals) – Victor
Die Charts für Januar.
Something always takes the place of
Missing pieces, you can take it
Would you get down even
Though you know there’s something missing
Missing by Beck.
- Beck – Guero – Demo Album – Geffen
- Justus Köhncke – Doppelleben – Album (ganz besonders: Alles Nochmal) – Kompakt
- Robag Wruhme – K.T.B. (Ruhig Brauner Remix) – Sonar Kollektiv
- Platnum – Sweet City (Soulphiction Remix) – Sonar Kollektiv
- Sara Devine – Take Me Home (MAW Vocal Dub Mix) – Giant Step
- Scissor Sisters – Take Me Out – Polydor (if I had a DVD chart, their “We Are Scissor Sisters And So Are You” would be #1)
- John Dahlbäck – Stage Diver – Systematic
- Dntel – (This Is) The Dream Of Evan And Chan (Safety Scissors Spilled My Drink Mix) – Plug Research
- Mariah – It’s Like That – MonarC
- LCD Soundsystem Album – DFA
Die Oktober Top Ten sind von Brooks dominiert. Ein herrliches Album, vielleicht sogar das Beste dieses Jahr!
Man sagt auch das Pfauenalbum.
- Impossible Beings – Too Late (Brooks’ Missed It Vocal Mix) – End Recordings
- Brooks – Red Tape (Album) – Soundslike
- Black Leotard Front – Casual Friday – DFA Records
- John Legend – Get Lifted (Album) – Sony – Preview
- Aaron-Carl – Hateful (UR Remix) – Wallshaker Records
- Free Loving Foundation – A Secret To Share – Freundinnen Promo
- Drama Society – Crying Hero (Tiga Remix) – Turbo Recordings
- Snax – From The Rocking Chair (To The Stage) Album – Mental Groove Records
- Chaka Khan – Through The Fire – Warner
- Björk – Who Is It – Elektra
Check out the charts. Including a Chihuahua & a spanking video link!
- Avenue D – Bootleg CD – Avenue Dreams (esp. "Slut?",
"2d2f", meaning 2 drunk 2 fu** and "O-Tron", meaning Orgasmatron)
- Cut Copy – Future (Zongamin Remix) – Kitsune
- In Flagranti – Just Gazing (Ed Laliq Remix) – Kill The DJ
- Pet Shop Boys – I Want A Dog – Parlophone (they want a Chihuahua, hence the picture of the cutie I held yesterday)
- Gretchen Wilson – Redneck Woman – Sony
- The Fitness – Gianni V
- Jay Z – 99 Problems – Roc-A-Fella Records
- Agent 86 – Speziale Mädchen – Freundinnen 07 EP
- Brandy – Afrodisiac CD – Atlantic
- Armand Van Helden – Say My Name (Original Club Mix / Solid Groove Hear My Rub) – Tommy Boy Silver Label –
check the fabulous video snippet / complete
The April top ten are here, with an easterly #1.
- Ruede Hagelstein – Sweaty Balls – Freundinnen 06 EP*
- Miss Kittin – Professional Distortion – EMI
- Prince – Illusion, Coma, Pimp & Circumstance – Sony
- DJ Genesis – Back In The Middle – Dynamite Soul
- Captain Comatose – $100 ($100-release Mix) – Playhouse
- Phantom/Ghost – Born With A Nervous Breakdown (Swayzak|Darkfarmer Schizo Mix) – Ladomat
- Truth Hurts – Ready Now – Pookie Entertainment
- Sleepy Brown – Phunk-O-Naut CD – Interscope
- Radio Slave – Boogie That Beat – Rekid
- Detroit Grand Pubahs – Big Onion (Slap On It Remix) – Pokerflat
* Second chart entry after 11.2003, now that the release is forthcoming!