This looks more like a link dump than charts. Please bare with me.
- The Brand New Heavies – Let’s Do It Again (Kenny Dope O-Gutta Remix) – Dope Wax
After the remixes for “I Don’t Know Why (I Love You)“, here’s another stomper.
- Grand High Priest – Mixdown – Strictly Rhythm
One of the first new releases on the relaunched Strictly Rhythm label. This instrumental track is a thunderstorm of hand claps and cowbells. Another highlight on the sampler is Quentin Harris feat. Cordell McClary – U Don’t Know. Both songs are now available on separate records, too.
- Marcus Mixx – Without Makeup (Ron Hardy Mix) – Let’s Pet Puppies
More Chicago house. Just recently found this record of previously unreleased Ron Hardy mixes. The label caught my attention: Chicago without Makeup. Dark handclaps.
- Feist – My Moon My Man (Boys Noize Classic Remix) – EMI
- Roisin Murphy – Overpowered (Seamus Haji Remix) – EMI
- Simian Mobile Disco – I Believe (Prins Thomas Diskomiks) – Wichita
- CSS – Let’s Make Love and Listen To Death From Above (Hot Chip Remix) – WEA
Very dramatic Hot Chip mix that turns around half way through.
- Tracey Thorn – Raise the Roof (Cagedbaby Remix) – EMI
- Osunlade – Queen’s Battle – Strictly Rhythm
From the Osunlade album. “Get that shit off my face.”
- Justin Timberlake – Love Stoned (Justice Remix) – Jive
I heard Final Fantasy did the strings on that one. No? Anyway, can’t wait for a live version by Owen.
- 2raumwohnung – Ja (Just Us Remix) – It Sounds
The lyrics make me cringe but the La Koehncke mix makes it all good.
- Chin Chin – Appetite (Chicken Lips Extended Vocal Mix) – Dialect Recordings
- Snax – Honeymoon’s Over (Konrad Black Remix) – Fine Music
Maybe I even like the original version better, not sure.
- DJ Camacho – Me (Original Demo Mix By D Camacho) feat. Janae Jordan – 157 Shelter Records
“I’d like a man not a boy who thinks he can understand what it is to be with a woman like me.”
- Prince – Future Baby Mama – Columbia
I like that Future Baby Mama. I bet you want to listen to the full song after you listened to that clip. Please.